Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My Current Obsession: Cream Shadows


  

I know it's not too long ago when I wrote a post about my obsession with cream blushes, but I just can't seem to get enough of these cream products. Cream products are great for the summer because they adhere to the face better than powder products; they also give your face a beautiful sheen that makes you look fresh and glowing. Cream shadows are especially great for those lazy days where you just want to have a bit of color on your eyes and be ready to head out the door. They can be worn alone or underneath other shadows to prolong the wear of your eyeshadows as well as intensify the color.

Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Stick in Orchid is a beautiful metallic lilac color that is creamy and long-lasting. It is such an unique shade of purple that won't make you look like you've just been punched in the eye, and is great for a pop of color on your lids.

Clinique Chubby Stick for Eyes in Ample Amber is a warm bronzy color that is super easy to wear and works to both brighten and define your eyes. It is quite buildable so I usually swipe a sheer layer all over my lids and intensify the color in my crease to add depth to my eyes.

I almost cried when I had to pay the hefty $36 price tag for the Chanel Illusion D'ombre in Emerveille, but I just couldn't resist a gorgeous warm peachy champagne color. It is great for everyday and looks stunning on the eyes.

For a more affordable option, check out the Maybelline Color Tattoos. They're super creamy and long-lasting, and come with a wide range of colors. Barely Branded is a metallic beige color that I like to use under other shadows to make them pop. Once it's on my eyes, it won't budge anywhere, and it also makes my eyeshadows and eyeliners stay on all day.

Make Up Forever Aqua Creams and Aqua Shadows are essentially the same product except that one's in a pot and one's in a stick form. I find that the aqua shadows are little bit drier in formula than the aqua creams, but they're both super long-lasting and waterproof. #13 and #28E are both shimmery champagne colors, but #28E is probably a little warmer in tone. They're both great for everyday natural, effortless makeup and are must-haves for the summer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...